Our advanced two-year certificate program in pediatric dentistry provides our residents with an excellent, balanced didactic and clinical education in a hospital setting. Residents have the opportunity to work side-by-side with oral surgeons and orthodontists in the department and gain extensive exposure to complex interdisciplinary treatment approaches. The program is based at a rural location and attracts patients from all over Northeast and Central Pennsylvania. We provide comprehensive preventive and therapeutic oral health care for infants, children and adolescents, including those with special health care needs. Residents are trained in accordance with the American Dental Association and American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry guidelines.
- Outstanding hospital environment
- A large patient population
- All-encompassing clinical exposure to treating healthy and medically compromised children
- Lectures from medical specialties within the hospital
- Strong orthodontic component
- Wide variety of experience in behavior guidance techniques
- Extensive operating room experience
To educate individuals to become exceptionally trained, highly competent pediatric dentists, expert at diagnosing and treating pediatric dental conditions, including patients with special needs, in a professional and ethical manner. Acquisition of this knowledge and skill set, while shaping professional attitudes, is progressive and will be enhanced by preparing the graduate for lifelong learning as a provider, pursuer of scholarly activity, communicator, teacher and healthcare advocate.