We are pleased that you have included the Geisinger Pediatric Dentistry Residency Program in your search for a residency. Inside you will discover more about our program, curriculum and meet the people that make our residency unique.
The advanced two-year certificate program in pediatric dentistry trains dentists in the specialty in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the American Dental Association and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. To fulfill these guidelines, education is directed in the biomedical sciences and the supporting clinical sciences to the extent that proficiency is demonstrated and achieved in providing both primary and comprehensive preventive and therapeutic oral health care for infants and children through adolescence, including those with special health care needs.
- Outstanding hospital environment with established dental role
- Extensive clinical expertise in the well child and medically compromised child
- Heavy involvement with medical services within the hospital and the affiliated institutions
- Full-time program director
- Extensive experience in OR, IV and oral sedation techniques
- Wide variety of experience in behavioral guidance techniques
- Faculty commitment to providing up-to-date information regarding scientific and clinical issues, as well as the career development of residents
To educate individuals to become exceptionally trained, highly competent pediatric dentists, expert at diagnosing and treating pediatric dental conditions, including patients with special needs, in a professional and ethical manner. Acquisition of this knowledge and skill set, while shaping professional attitudes, is progressive and will be enhanced by preparing the graduate for lifelong learning as a provider, pursuer of scholarly activity, communicator, teacher and healthcare advocate.
Direct questions regarding the residency program to:
Pediatric Dental Residency Program
Geisinger Medical Center
Danville, PA 17822.