Our advanced two-year certificate program in pediatric dentistry strives to expose our residents to a balanced didactic and clinical education in a hospital setting. Residents have the opportunity to work side-by-side with oral surgeons and orthodontists in the department and gain extensive exposure to complex interdisciplinary treatment approaches. The program is based at a rural location and attracts patients from all over northeastern and central Pennsylvania. We provide comprehensive preventive and therapeutic oral healthcare for infants, children and adolescents, including those with special healthcare needs. Residents are trained in accordance with the American Dental Association and American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry standard guidelines.
- Outstanding hospital environment with established dental role
- Extensive clinical expertise in the well child and medically compromised child
- Heavy involvement with medical services within the hospital and the affiliated institutions
- Full-time program director
- Extensive experience in OR, IV and oral sedation techniques
- Wide variety of experience in behavioral guidance techniques
- Faculty commitment to providing up-to-date information regarding scientific and clinical issues, as well as the career development of residents
To educate individuals to become exceptionally trained, highly competent pediatric dentists, expert at diagnosing and treating pediatric dental conditions, including patients with special needs, in a professional and ethical manner. Acquisition of this knowledge and skill set, while shaping professional attitudes, is progressive and will be enhanced by preparing the graduate for lifelong learning as a provider, pursuer of scholarly activity, communicator, teacher and healthcare advocate.