The Center for Continuing Professional Development of Geisinger Health System serves the educational needs of the integrated health care delivery system and the community. View CPD Calendar of current course offerings.
We create courses for doctors, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, imaging technologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, dietitians, athletic trainers, counselors, psychologists and occupational therapists.
We encourage innovative methods of continuing medical education that emphasize learning rather than "seat time."
The center recently received a six-year certificate of accreditation from the Pennsylvania Medical Society to sponsor CME for physicians. After an extensive site visit and review, Geisinger received ratings of excellent in planning and implementation.
Geisinger Health System is now currently approved to offer continuing medical education credits by the following accrediting bodies:
- Pennsylvania Medical Society(PMS)
- Pennsylvania State Nurses Association (PSNA)
- American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)
- The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDE)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT)
- The American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification (BOC)
- American Psychological Association (APA)