The Geisinger Health System Center for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) serves the educational needs of health care professionals in the integrated health care delivery system and the community. We create courses for doctors, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, imaging technologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, dietitians, athletic trainers, counselors, occupational therapists and other members of the health care team. View the CPD Calendar of current course offerings.
We encourage innovative methods of continuing education that emphasize cognitive learning, skill development, and attitudinal change rather than "seat time."
The Center for CPD recently earned six-year Joint Accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, the highest accreditation status awarded for interprofessional continuing health care education.
Geisinger Health System is approved to provide continuing education credits from the following accrediting bodies:
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)
- Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification (BOC)