School of Nursing Home
Net Price Calculator
Accreditations & Approvals
Our Faculty & Staff
Our Nursing Program
The Geisinger-Lewistown Hospital School of Nursing welcomes your interest in our RN diploma program. Nursing is an exciting and rewarding profession that is rapidly growing and changing. Our program is designed to give students a solid knowledge base and a great deal of exposure to the clinical area in order to prepare competent and high-quality graduate nurses who are ready to practice in today's challenging health-care environment.
Following the successful completion of the program, graduates will receive a diploma and be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN.
Program Length: Our program is a two-year program.
LPN to RN Track: The Geisinger-Lewistown Hospital School of Nursing offers an LPN to RN track. LPNs will be given credit for N111 Nursing Fundamentals, N122 Professional Nursing Communication and N213 Critical Thinking.
Geisinger-Lewistown Hospital School of Nursing
The Geisinger-Lewistown Hospital School of Nursing exists to provide quality nursing education. We seek to engage a diverse group of students in a manner that enables our graduates to become leaders in providing competent and safe bedside nursing care across the continuum and throughout the surrounding community.
Nursing is a dynamic process of caring based on a theory-guided, evidence-based body of knowledge and established standards of professional practice. The focus of nursing practice is based on the patient/family's level of functioning, preferences, values, and needs related to their diverse physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, developmental and spiritual dimensions which promote, maintain and restore wellness. Education is a life-long process that fosters the development of critical thinking so that individuals can respond to the health care of people in a variety of settings with the concept of caring deeply rooted in its history.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Exhibit caring behavior while collaborating with the patient, family and members of the healthcare team to assist the patient to achieve optimal outcomes through evidence-based practice guidelines.
- Utilize the nursing process to provide individualized nursing care in diverse settings while applying culturally sensitive care.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and accountability while safely practicing within the ethical, legal and regulatory framework of nursing and standards of nursing practice.
- Pursue personal goals for professional development and participate in lifelong learning.
- To develop critical thinking skills, accountability, in the management of safe patient care.
- To provide an educational process that integrates caring and evidenced based practice across the continuum and throughout the communities.
- To advocate for patients and families in ways that promote their self-determination, integrity and ongoing growth as human beings while providing culturally sensitive care.
- To pursue a commitment to lifelong learning in the nursing profession.
National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses
Pass Rate (10-1-2010 to 9-30-2011) 100%
Pass Rate (10-1-2011 to 9-30-2012) 100%
Pass Rate (10-1-2012 to 9-30-2013) 100%
Pass Rate (10-1-2013 to 9-30-2014) 100%
Pass Rate (10-1-2014 to 9-30-2015) 100%
Pass Rate (10-1-2015 to 9-30-2016) 89%
Program Completion Rate
Academic year 2014/2015 - 78%
Academic year 2013/2014 - 84%
Academic year 2012/2013 - 74%