Geisinger Health System offers a quality of life that is distinctive among healthcare institutions in the nation. Its sprawling footprint covers 42 counties in Pennsylvania, featuring a breathtaking landscape of mountains and forests, lakes and streams.
The central and northeastern Pennsylvania region offers:
- Mountain biking, fishing, hiking, camping, skiing and boating
- Several large and small colleges and universities
- Minor league and amateur sporting events
- Orchestral and choral music, drama and other cultural events
- Concerts and arena concert venues
- Fine dining as well as cafes, coffee houses and ethnic restaurants
- Quaint towns, local festivals, antique and boutique shopping
- Good schools, safe neighborhoods, quiet streets
- Affordable, upscale housing
- Small commutes to major metropolitan areas such as Philadelphia, New York City and Washington, D.C.