While Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, PA serves as the main academic center, campus sites are available throughout Pennsylvania, including Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center in Wilkes-Barre, PA, and numerous Community Practice Sites throughout Geisinger’s 42-county service area.
- Geisinger Medical Center (GMC) is a 422-bed, acute care hospital located in rural central Pennsylvania providing tertiary medical care to a geographic region that spans approximately 40 percent of the land surface of Pennsylvania. There are approximately 2 million people living in this region.
- Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center (GWV) is an acute tertiary care center that brings advanced clinical services to northeastern Pennsylvania. Licensed for 242 beds, GWV houses the only Level II Trauma Center in Luzerne County.
- Geisinger Clinic is regarded as a national model of healthcare delivery centered around a sophisticated multispecialty group practice of nearly 800 primary and specialty physicians who practice both at Geisinger hospitals and clinics, as well as at non-Geisinger hospitals throughout the region.
Learning resources include
- Janet Weis Children’s Hospital, the region’s only tertiary care hospital for children, with an adjacent Women’s Health Pavilion. The Janet Weis Children’s Hospital includes both pediatric and neonatal intensive care units.
- Henry Hood Center for Health Research and Weis Research Center
- Outcomes Institute
- Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center/Pediatric Trauma Center
- 5 Life Flight® helicopters (Danville, State College, Wilkes-Barre, Schuylkill, Williamsport) that transport more than 2,500 patients annually
- 23-room operating suite
- Two ambulatory surgical centers
- Multiple intensive care units, including: 17-bed adult intensive care unit; 19-bed cardiac intensive care unit; an eICU® program;15-bed intermediate special care unit; 7-bed pediatric intensive care unit; 23-bed neonatal intensive care unit; and a 15-bed neonatal special care unit
- Ronald McDonald House and House of Care
- Joint Commission Accredited Stroke Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Level I ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction Program
- ProvenCare, an evidence-based, innovative medical treatment guarantee program
- The Hospital for Advanced Medicine, GMC’s newest addition which serves as an integrated center for the most critically ill patients