Geisinger Medical Center’s Neurology Residency Program was founded in 2012, and offers an integrated approach to teaching the physicians of tomorrow. The neuroscience institute is comprised of more than 30 adult and pediatric neurologists, 16 neurosurgeons, 5 neuropsychologists, and 2 neuro-endovascular physicians. Residents benefit from innovative healthcare delivery through a multidisciplinary team of specialists at 3 clinical campuses. Training at Geisinger Medical Center will give participants a level of personalized attention and clinical experience not available elsewhere.
We take pride in partnering with you to achieve your personal and professional career goals.
Highlights of Geisinger's Neurology Residency
- High quality dedicated core-teaching faculty
- Resident and faculty assigned mentors
- Structured block didactic curriculum
- Four-week block of bootcamp (intensive neuroanatomy and neuroscience)
- Night float system with in house teaching attending
- Catchment area of nearly three million people in 48 counties
- Individualized resident attention and rotation building for personal growth and success
- International neurology electives
- Competitive pay scale, medical education funds, and generous vacation time
- Excellent quality of life
- Annual resident retreat