Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The Geisinger Center for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) serves the educational needs of healthcare professionals in the integrated healthcare delivery system and the community. We create courses for doctors, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, imaging technologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, dietitians, athletic trainers, counselors, occupational therapists and other members of the healthcare team.
We encourage innovative methods of continuing education that emphasize cognitive learning, skill development, and attitudinal change rather than "seat time."
The CPD recently earned six-year Joint Accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, the highest accreditation status awarded for interprofessional continuing healthcare education.
GHS is approved to provide continuing education credits from the following accrediting bodies:
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)
- Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification (BOC)
View the GHS Continuing Professional Development calendar of current course offerings.