- First and foremost, wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick. If you have fever and lower respiratory symptoms, see your doctor.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- And as for handwashing, wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Remember to maintain social distancing. Masking and screening guidelines are still in place.
Current status of GCSOM building operations
Geisinger is following protocols set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Pennsylvania Department of Health. Please visit their sites for more detailed information about COVID-19.
Geisinger has set up a dedicated, 24/7 coronavirus hotline for those with questions about care recommendations and more at 570-284-3657. For more information, visit geisinger.org/coronavirus.