Distance Education – Faculty Hub
During unsettled times like the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s important for our School of Graduate Education faculty at Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine to continue teaching — as seamlessly as possible.
- Use your Canvas course as the primary “home base” for your course. The Canvas Instructor Guide contains some helpful information, if needed.
Stay in regular communication with students by email and Canvas course announcements or through Zoom for Q&A sessions or online office hours.
- This online and asynchronous form of instruction means it’s important that you are comfortable with all educational technology applications:
- Canvas is the learning management system (LMS) and is the “home base” for each course.
- Panopto is used to record lectures/videos and share with students.
- Proctorio is used to proctor all exams and quizzes.
- Zoom is used for synchronous Q&A or online office hours.