Distance Education – Student Hub
During unsettled times like the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s important for our School of Graduate Education MBS students at Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine to continue learning — as seamlessly as possible.
- Use your Canvas course as the primary “home base” for your course. The Canvas Student Guide contains some helpful information, if needed.
- Communicate with your instructors by email, Canvas course discussions/chat, or requesting a Zoom Q&A session with your instructor.
- This online and asynchronous form of instruction means it’s important that you are comfortable with all educational technology applications:
- Canvas is the LMS and is the “home base” for each course.
- Panopto is used to record lectures/videos.
- Proctorio is used to proctor all exams and quizzes.
- Zoom is used for synchronous Q&A and virtual meetings.