Cost of attendance: MBS program
The cost of attendance (COA), also referred to as the “student budget,” is the estimated expenses a student will incur during the academic year for tuition and fees paid to Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and for academic and living expenses related to enrollment.
Students should review the COA determine if the estimated expenses can be minimized in any way. If you need the full amounts listed for each expense item, then you will need financial assistance up to the total COA. However, living expenses are estimated and students may set an individual budget that is less than the total cost of attendance, thereby minimizing the amount needed to borrow. If needed, the Financial Aid Office is available for budgeting assistance. See below for breakdown of allowable cost of living expenses.
Although a student’s non-tuition/fees costs vary considerably according to individual means, lifestyle choices and budgeting skills, federal aid regulations mandate that financial aid offices develop annual COA budgets that define and limit expenses eligible for financial aid funding. The COA budget provides for a modest but feasible student lifestyle.
2020 – 2021
Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBS)
Online program tuition and fees
Tuition and fees (educational expenses)
- Student service fee: $320.00 per year ($80.00 quarterly)
- Student technology fee: $620.00 per year ($155.00 quarterly)
- Graduation fee: $205.00 one-time charge
- Books and supplies: $1,000.00 per year ($250.00 quarterly)
Living expenses (non-educational expenses)
Living expenses are prorated according to the length of the student’s program and are listed below:
- Rent/utilities: $1,480.00 quarterly (based on double occupancy)
- Food: $483.00 quarterly
- Miscellaneous: $1,175.00 quarterly
- Transportation: $245.00 quarterly
- Health insurance: $1,290.00 quarterly (for entire year/12 months)