The Scholarship Committee at Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine was developed in the spring of 2015 and is charged with the oversight and review of scholarship awards for Doctor of Medicine (MD) students. The committee uses information relative to the awarding of each scholarship provided by the institutional advancement division and selects students to be offered monetary assistance through approved funds. The committee meets at least monthly and is comprised of the following members:
- Tanja Adonizio, MD, Associate Dean for Student Affairs
- Michelle Schmude, EdD, Associate Dean for Admissions, Enrollment Management and Financial Aid & Associate Professor
- Sue McNamara, BS, Director of Financial Aid
- Kristen Greene, MS, Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management, MD Program
- Julia Kolcharno, MA, Director of Student Development, Academic Advising and Career Engagement
- Roxanne Seymour, MBA, Associate Director of Financial Aid
The Scholarship Committee is committed to collecting as much information as possible to provide funding resources for our students. The committee welcomes your input regarding organizations or associations that offer scholarships to medical students.