- AMCAS application opens.
- Early Decision Program applicants must submit all documents by Aug. 1 for consideration.
- Interview invitations sent.
- MD interviews begin.
- Early Decision Program applicants are notified.
- Regular decision applicants are notified.
- Last month to take MCAT exams for consideration in the 2019 - 2020 application cycle.
- Deadline to submit completed AMCAS application is Dec. 15 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Geisinger Commonwealth Secondary Application deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Jan. 15.
- MD interviews conclude.
- Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020: “Plan to Enroll” becomes available in the "Choose Your Medical School" tool for applicants to select in the AMCAS application.
- Pre-matriculation portal made available to admitted students.
- Accepted Students Day
- Deadline for accepted students to hold at multiple schools
- Notifications for regular decision applicants and update on deferred status
- Commit to Enroll option becomes available via the AAMC student portal.
- Wednesday, April 15, 2020: Per the Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants, applicants holding more than three offers should narrow their offers of acceptance to three, with no limit on the number of alternate list offers they may hold.
- Thursday, April 30, 2020: “Commit to Enroll” becomes available to applicants in the AMCAS tool in addition to “Plan to Enroll” (note: selecting “Commit to Enroll” does not automatically withdraw applicants from other medical schools). Per the Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants, applicants should narrow their acceptance offers to one, with no limit on the number of alternate list offers they may hold.
- Geisinger Commonwealth will consult its alternate list as needed. Students can be called from this list up until the first day of orientation.
- Accepted students should complete their pre-matriculation requirements.
- Deadline to submit all pre-matriculation materials is July 1.
- Commit to enroll with withdrawal from other institutions required 21 days prior to matriculation.
- Orientation and classes begin.