Epidemiology, infectious disease epidemiology, epidemiology of HIV/AIDS and STD, epidemiology of parasitic infections, seasonal influenza and vaccine epidemiology and global health
Epidemiologic methods, community health research methods and small group and problem-based learning
- Carabin H, McGarvey ST, Sahlu I, Tarafder MR, Joseph L, de Andrade BB, Balolong E, Olveda R. Schistosoma japonicum in Samar, the Philippines: infection in dogs and rats as a possible risk factor for human infection. Epidemiology and infection 2015; 143(8):1767-76.
- Farrell MS, Wallace SJ, Clarke SM, Tarafder MR, and McLaughlin WA. Implementation of the connective tissue screening questionnaire in Northeast Pennsylvania to identify comorbidities of connective tissue disorders in subjects with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Journal of Primary Care and Community Health 2014;5(2):134-8.
- Simoyan O, Townsend J, Tarafader MR, DeJoseph D, Stark R, White M. Public Health and Medical Education: A Natural Alliance for a New Regional Medical School. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2011;41(4 Suppl 3):S220-7.
- Tarafder MR, Carabin H, McGarvey ST, Joseph L, Balolong E Jr, Olveda R. Assessing the Impact of Misclassification Error on an Epidemiological Association between Two Helminthic Infections. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases. 2011; 5(3):e995.
- Tarafder MR, Carabin H, Gyorkos TW, Joseph L. Diarrhea and colds in child day care centers: impact of various numerator and denominator definitions of illness episodes. Epidemiology. 2009; 20(6):796-9.
- Tarafder MR, Carabin H, Joseph L, Balolong E Jr, Olveda R, McGarvey ST. Estimating the sensitivity and specificity of Kato-Katz stool examination technique for detection of hookworms, Ascaris lumbricoides and Trichuris trichiura infections in humans in the absence of a ‘gold standard’. International journal for Parasitology. 2010;40(4):399-404.
- Fernandez TJ Jr, Tarafder MR, Balolong E Jr, Joseph L, Willingham AL 3rd, Bélisle P, Webster JP, Olveda RM, McGarvey ST, Carabin H. Prevalence of Schistosoma japonicum infection among animals in fifty villages of Samar province, the Philippines. Vector Borne and Zoonotic Diseases 2007; 7(2):147-55.
- McGarvey ST, Carabin H, Balolong Jr. E, Bélisle P, Fernandez T, Joseph L, Tallo V, Gonzales R, Tarafder MR, Alday P, Willingham AL, Olveda R. Cross-sectional associations between animal and human intensity of infection with Schistosoma japonicum in Samar Province, the Philippines. Bulletin of World Health Organization 2006; 84(6):446-52.
- Tarafder MR, Balolong Jr. E, Carabin H, Bélisle P, Tallo V, Joseph L, Alday P, Gonzales RO, Riley S, Olveda R, McGarvey ST. A cross-sectional study of the prevalence of intensity of infection with Schistosoma japonicum in 50 irrigated and rain-fed villages in Samar Province, the Philippines. BMC Public Health 2006; 6:61
- Tarafder MR, Carabin H, Joseph L, Cowan LD, Wendelboe AM, Vesely SK, McGarvey ST. The impact of measurement error on estimating risk factors for diseases: an example from parasitic infections in the Philippines. Oral presentation at the 137th annual meeting of American Public Health Association (APHA), Philadelphia, PA, November 7-11, 2009.
- Tarafder MR, Carabin H, Balolong E Jr, Olveda R, Tallo V, McGarvey ST. Prevalence of Soil-Transmitted Helminths in 50 rice farming villages of the Samar Province of the Philippines. Oral presentation at the 57th annual meeting of American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH), New Orleans, LA, December 7-11, 2008.
- Tarafder MR, Gyorkos T, Joseph L, Carabin H. Effect of different definitions of numerators and denominators to estimate the incidence rates of diarrhea and upper respiratory tract infections in day care centers. Oral presentation at the 135th annual meeting of American Public Health Association (APHA), Washington, DC, November 3-7, 2007.
- Tarafder MR, Burnsed L, Bos J, Carabin H, Smithee L. Factors associated with CDC-defined reportable Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF) cases in Oklahoma, January 2003 – May 2004. Research Poster presentation at the 134th annual meeting of American Public Health Association (APHA) – Delta Omega Student Excellence poster session, Boston, MA, November 4-8, 2006.
Mathematical Models of the Epidemiology & Control of Infectious Diseases. Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) – Dhaka Medical College, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Master of Public Health – University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK
PhD – University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK