Cathy Buddenhagen Wilcox, MS, PhD, is a science educator with teaching experience at the high school, graduate and postgraduate levels. Her current position, as small group facilitator in case-based learning, makes use of her training in the basic sciences. In the past, Dr. Wilcox has contributed to scientific research in several areas, with a focus on transcription regulation.
In addition to her work at the School of Medicine, she is very involved in her local church and is currently a student in the master of arts in ministry program at Drew University Theological Seminary.
- Wilcox CB, Feddes GO, Willett-Brozick JE, Hsu LC, DeLoia JA, Baysal BE. Coordinate up-regulation of TMEM97 and cholesterol biosynthesis genes in normal ovarian surface epithelial cells treated with progesterone: implications for pathogenesis of ovarian cancer. BMC Cancer. 2007 Dec 11;7:223.
- Wilcox CB, Baysal BE, Gallion HH, Strange MA, DeLoia JA. High-resolution methylation analysis of the BRCA1 promoter in ovarian tumors. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2005 Jun;159(2):114-22.
- Wilcox CB, Rossettini A, Hanes SD. Genetic interactions with C-terminal domain (CTD) kinases and the CTD of RNA Pol II suggest a role for ESS1 in transcription initiation and elongation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2004 May;167(1):93-105.
- Wu X*, Wilcox CB*, Devasahayam G, Hackett RL, Arevalo-Rodriguez M, Cardenas ME, Heitman J, Hanes SD. The Ess1 prolyl isomerase is linked to chromatin remodeling complexes and the general transcription machinery. EMBO J. 2000 Jul 17;19(14):3727-38. *These authors contributed equally. This paper was selected for "Editor's Choice" section, Science, 289:833.
- Wilcox CB, Weisberg E, Dumin JA, Wilcox BD, Jeffrey JJ. Serotonin-dependent collagenase transcription in myometrial cells requires extended AP-1 site. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2000 Dec 22;170(1-2):41-56.
BS – St. Lawrence University
MS – Syracuse University
MA in Ministry – Drew University Theological Seminary
PhD – Albany Medical College