Lisa L. Schroeder, MD, MA, FACP, currently serves as the clerkship director for internal medicine for Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s Central Campus, and is core faculty in rheumatology for the internal medicine residency program at Geisinger. Dr. Schroeder has a strong interest in mentoring students and residents and fostering history and physical exam skills as it relates to rheumatic diseases. She is also interested in developing effective clinical reasoning, oral and written presentation skills amongst learners at all levels of medical training.
History and physical exam skills in learners as relates to musculoskeletal conditions and rheumatic disease and development and assessment of clinical reasoning skills
General rheumatology to include rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, osteoarthritis, vasculitis, systemic lupus erythematosus and Sjogren’s syndrome
Student research opportunities
Quality improvement in care of rheumatic disease
- Schroeder, L.L., Tang, X., Wasko, M.C.M. & Bili, A. Glucocorticoid use is associated with increase in HDL and no change in other lipids in rheumatoid arthritis patients. Rheumatology International, Accepted 15 Dec 2014. DOI 10.1007/s00296-014-3194-9, 2015.
- Schroeder, L.L. & Wasko, M.C.M. (2012). Perioperative Management of Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. In B.F. Mandell (Ed.), Perioperative Management of Patients with Rheumatic Disease. Springer Science + Business Media, 2012.
- Youkhana, K., Schroeder, L.L., Bauch, T.D. An assessment of the impact of low technology and expert guidance on improving the cardiac auscultation skills of medical students. Poster presentation at Geisinger Research and Scholarship Day, May 2017.
- Rezk, A.N., Loughlin, M.T., Miao, C., Schroeder, L.L. Pneumatosis Cystoides Intestinalis with Pneumoperitoneum: A Rare Benign Complication of Scleroderma-related disease. Poster presentation accepted to American College of Gastroenterology Annual Meeting, 2016.
- Corbeil, C. Schroeder, L.L. Sjogren’s Syndrome and Neuromyelitis Optica: A numbing diagnosis. Poster presentation at Pennsylvania Rheumatology Society Annual Meeting, September 2016.
- Newman E.D., Ayoub, W.T., Pugliese, D.M. Cedeno, C, Brown, J, Harrington, T.M., Olenginski, T.P., Bili, A., Schroeder, L.L. et al. (Nov 2014). A novel population care model in rheumatoid arthritis—Significant improvement in quality and reduction in cost of care. Oral presentation at American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting. Boston, MA, 2014.
Rheumatology Fellowship (2011 – 2013) – Geisinger, Danville, PA
Internal Medicine Chief Resident (2010 – 2011) – Geisinger, Danville, PA
Internal Medicine Residency (2007 – 2010) – Geisinger, Danville, PA
MD (2003 – 2007) – University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health, Madison, WI
MA, Clinical/Health Psychology (1999 – 2001) – University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
BA, Summa Cum Laude, Psychology (1995 – 1999) – Augustana College, Rock Island, IL