April Troy, MD, MPH, FAAP
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
April Troy, MD, MPH, FAAP, was born and raised in northeastern Pennsylvania. She graduated magna cum laude from the University of Scranton. She then completed both her MD and master’s in public health (MPH) at Johns Hopkins University. She completed her residency training in the community health track at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C., and also completed a chief resident year. She then went on to work as a clinical associate in the division of emergency medicine at Children’s National Medical Center and as a clinical instructor for the George Washington University School of Medicine.
In 2013, Dr. Troy and her family returned home to northeastern Pennsylvania. She works as a pediatrician at Pediatrics of Northeastern Pennsylvania. She became the regional clerkship director for pediatrics for Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s North Campus in 2014.
- Matthison, D, Troy, A, Levy, M. Fever and Limp- Thinking Outside the Box. Pediatric Emergency Care. Dec 2012; 28(12): 1369-1373.
- Fortunato JE, Troy AL, Cuffari C, Davis JE, Loza, MJ, Oliver-Hemker M, Schwarz KB. Outcome after Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy in Children and Young Adults. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutrition. April 2010;50(4):390-3
- Le, T, Bhushan, V., Troy, A. First Aid for the Match (4th edition) 2006
- Puscavage, A., chapter author. In USMLERx Step 1 Question Review, edited by Le T, Klein J, Shivaram A, et al. 2006
- Puscavage, A. chapter author. In USMLERx Step 1 Online Test Bank, edited by Le T, Klein J, Shivaram A, et al, http://www.usmlerx.com
- Puscavage A, Hoon A. Spasticity/cerebral palsy. In : Treatment of Pediatric Neurologic Diseases, 1st ed. Singer H, Kossoff E, Crawford T, Hartman A, ed. 2005
- Troy, A. The Obesity Epidemic in Pediatrics- Working to Change the Curve. Presentation at The University of Scranton Medical Alumni Symposium Conference; Scranton, PA; April 2011.
- Troy, A., O’Connell, K., Friedman, D., Zaveri, P. Long Term Effects of a Mock-Code Curriculum on a Pediatric Residency Education. Poster presentation at the American Federation for Medical Research Eastern Regional Meeting; Washington, DC; April 2010
- Troy A, O’Connell K, Friedman D, Zaveri P. Long-term Effects of A Mock Code Curriculum On Pediatric Resident Education. Poster presentation at 10th Annual Children’s National Research Day. April 2010.
- Troy A, Nash J, Ahmad A, Alayyan A, Vivatrat N, Kerkar B, Lichtenstein C. Girls Night Out: A Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program for High-Risk Teens. Poster presentation at 10th Annual Children’s National Research Day. April 2010
- Troy A, Nash J, Ahmad A, Alayyan A, Vivatrat N, Kerkar B, Lichtenstein C. Girls Night Out: A Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program for High-Risk Teens. Platform presentation at the Region IV Academic Pediatric Association conference; Charlottesville, VA; February 2010.
MPH – The Johns Hopkins University Bloomburg School of Public Health, 2006, Concentration in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Certificate in Maternal and Child Health
MD – The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2007
Pediatrics Residency Program, Community Health Track – Children’s National Medical Center, June 2007 – June 2010
Chief Resident, Pediatric Residency Program – Children’s National Medical Center, June 2010 – June 2011