Clinical Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
BiographyDominick J. Zampino, DO, FACP, has served as program director for the Internal Medicine Residency at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center for the last six years. In 2018, he was appointed medical director of academic affairs for AtlantiCare to help facilitate AtlantiCare’s expanding graduate and undergraduate medical education needs. Dr. Zampino currently serves as a member of the New Jersey American College of Physicians Governors Panel.
Student research opportunities
Currently underway: CT scan vs. Echocardiography in the Evaluation of Right Ventricular Strain in Patients with Known Pulmonary Embolism-a Retrospective Look.
- A Resident Led Initiative to Bring Teaching Back to the Bedside in a Community Hospital with Okigbo, Ganapathiraju and Hocbo presented at 2019 ACGME Annual Session and ACP National Meeting
- SHM I-PASS Mentored Implementation Program 2016 PubMed Number 28648217 Starmer A, O'Toole J, Spector N, et al. Mentored Implementation of the I-PASS handoff Program in Diverse Clinical Environments. Plenary abstract presented at the 2018 Society of Hospital Medicine’s Annual Meeting on Tuesday, April 10th 2018 in Orlando, FL.
- Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment as a Quality Improvement Process for Resident Stress and Fatigue Management with Kelly, Ganapathiraju presented at 2017 American College of Osteopathic Internists
- Do We Use It Too Much; Overutilization of Systemic Corticosteroids in Acute COPD at a Community Hospital with High Volume COPD Exacerbation Admissions, with Hamaty, E. 2016 New York State Thoracic Society poster presentation.
- Systolic Carotid Flow Measurement using Diagnostic Ultrasound to Determine the Improvement of Cardiac Output in Predicting Volume Responses with Sidor, R., 2016 New York State thoracic Society poster presentation.
BS in Biology, cum laude – Seton Hall University
DO – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Internship (PGY I) – University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Medicine
Internal Medicine Residency (PGY I-III) – Atlantic City Medical Center