Ashley Shamansky, DO, MPH
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Ashley Shamansky DO, MPH, is an assistant professor in the Department of Medical Education. She is a part-time practicing pediatrician in Danville, Pa. Dr. Shamansky was born and raised in central Pennsylvania and upon completion of residency and fellowship she returned to central Pennsylvania and joined Geisinger.
Dr. Shamansky graduated cum laude from Bucknell University, attended Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, completed residency in the Combined Doctor’s Hospital/Nationwide Children’s Hospital residency program in Columbus, Ohio. Upon completion of residency, Dr. Shamansky earned a master’s in public heath from The Ohio State University, while completing her academic general pediatrics fellowship at Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Shamansky interests include quality improvement in outpatient pediatrics and mentoring medical students and residents.
- Snyder, D, Thomas, O, Gleeson, S, Stukus, D, Jones, L, Regan, C, Shamansky, A, Allen, E. Reducing emergency department visits utilizing a primary care asthma specialty clinic in a high-risk patient population. Journal of Asthma. Vol. 55, No. 7, 2018, pp. 785-794.
- Garner, D, Paulson, S, Patel, J, Jacques, M, Kettlewell, P, Shamansky, A. Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Screening in Outpatient Pediatric Practice: A Quality Improvement Project. Poster presented at 2018 OMED, San Diego, CA
- Shamansky, A, Kasick, R, Keshavaram, R, Liao, N. Effect of Web-Based Module on Quality of Pediatric Clinical Documentation Among Novice Learners. Poster presented at Council on Medical Student Education in Pediatrics Conference. St. Louis, MO.
- Shamansky, A, Rakowsky, A, Mahan, J. Preferred Educational Activities at a Single Pediatric Institution. Poster presented at 2015 Ohio State College of Medicine Fall Celebration of Educational Scholarship. Best Poster Presentation Award. Columbus, OH
- Shamansky, A, Rakowsky, A, Hassell J, Mahan J. Pediatric Resident VARK Scores: In Relation to Career Choice, Type of Medical Education, and Gender at a Single Pediatric Institution. Poster presented at 2015 Academic Pediatric Association Region V Meeting, Cincinnati, OH and Pediatric Educational Excellence Across the Continuum, Atlanta, GA
- Shamansky, A, Elgin, T, Patel, S. The Pediatric Medical Experience: Are Schools Providing Quality Pediatric Medical Education? Poster presented at 2013 American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians Conference, Columbus, OH
- Shamansky, A and Fresch B. Presentation of an infant on the Atelosteogenesis Type II and Diastrophic Dysplasia spectrum: A case report. Poster presented at 2013 American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians Conference, Columbus, OH
BS – Bucknell University
DO – Pennsylvania College of Osteopathic Medicine
MPH – The Ohio State University
Residency – Doctor’s Hospital and Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus, Ohio
Fellowship- Academic General Pediatric Fellowship – Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus, Ohio