At Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, our mission is to educate aspiring physicians and scientists to serve society. We seek students who are compassionate and work to enhance this trait through education, research and service. Scholarship giving enables these outstanding students to achieve their goal of attending medical school and living a life of service to the community.
A gift to support scholarships at Geisinger Commonwealth helps ensure that bright, medical minds are not denied an education simply because they can’t afford it. Your contribution has a profound impact on students and on the patients they will eventually serve.
Your scholarship gift may be designated in several ways:
- Geisinger Commonwealth’s Commonwealth Scholarship provides funds for immediate use under the direction of the Office of Admissions, Enrollment Management and Financial Aid.
- Gifts to Geisinger Commonwealth’s Endowed Scholarship exist in perpetuity. Annually, a portion of the interest earned is used for scholarships. New gifts and the remaining interest are continually invested to grow the fund.
- Establish a named fund – With your gift of $50,000 or more you may create a scholarship in your own name, in the name of your family or named to honor someone who has positively influenced your life, such as a faculty member or friend. Geisinger Commonwealth will work with you to determine parameters for selecting the student recipient(s). You may choose to create the fund for immediate use or establish a permanent scholarship endowment.
- Add to an existing named fund:
- Dean Steven J. Scheinman Endowed Scholarship
- The Myer Alperin Family Medical Endowed Scholarship
- The Michael and Louise Altier Medical Endowed Scholarship
- The AppleSeed Foundation Annual Scholarship
- The Fidelity Deposit & Discount Bank Scholarship
- The Fidelity Deposit & Discount Bank Endowed Scholarship
- The Friends of Geisinger Commonwealth Annual Scholarship
- The InterMountain Medical Group Scholarship
- The InterMountain Medical Group Endowed Scholarship
- The Dr. Thomas J. Martin and Rev. Dr. Lois D. Martin Annual Scholarship
- The John J. Menapace Scholarship funded by the Sordoni Foundation
- The Sondra and Morey Myers, Esq. Scholarship
- Dr. Gino and Mrs. Jean Cavalieri Mori Endowed Scholarship
- The Northeastern Pennsylvania Health Care Foundation Scholarship
- The Jean M. Shields Endowed Scholarship
- The Jennifer Sidari, MD ’13 Memorial Scholarship
- The Geisinger Commonwealth Alumni Scholarship
- The Geisinger Commonwealth Student Scholarship (funded by faculty/staff)
- The Sarah Wright Memorial Annual Scholarship
- The Sarah Wright Memorial Endowed Scholarship
Geisinger Commonwealth payroll deduction – As a Geisinger Commonwealth employee, you have the opportunity to make your gift directly from your paycheck. To take advantage of this easy option, contact the Geisinger Health Foundation at 570-271-6461 or firstname.lastname@example.org.