Application & selection process
Candidates who will earn a graduate degree in health care administration, business administration, public health or similar graduate programs prior to July 1, 2018 will be considered. Previous experience in a health care setting, including completion of a summer administrative internship, is desirable but not required.
Applicant does not have to graduate from an accredited university to be considered for this position. We do not sponsor work visas.
Geisinger is a member of the National Council on Administrative Fellowships. As such, our application timeline and process will coincide with the NCAF standards. Visit the NCAF website for more information.
There are two options for applying to the Geisinger Administrative Fellowship this year:
1. Follow the necessary steps to create an NCAF profile and apply through the centralized application portal.
2. Compile the following materials into one comprehensive PDF, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Current resume or CV
- Graduate transcripts of coursework to-date (official or unofficial)
- A brief statement on professional development objectives and career goals (1 page, single spaced); include a sentence that identifies which concentration(s) for which you would like to be considered (1. Central/Northeast/health plan, 2. Western/Southern, 3. Atlanticare).
- Essay (1 page, single spaced) – Why is patient experience important to a healthcare organization?
- Three letters of recommendation** (from individuals who can knowledgeably evaluate work performance, leadership capabilities and academic experience)
** Letters of reference should be sent separately and emailed directly from references to email@example.com. Request references to title their submissions as: "Candidate_LastName_ReferenceLastName_Year", e.g. "Smith_Jones_2011" - where Smith is the 'candidate' and 'Jones' is the reference.
The selection timeline for the 2018 fellowship consists of the following phases:
- Application deadline: Oct. 2, 2017
- Review of applications by mid-October 2017
- On-site interviews conducted:
- Oct. 30, Oct. 31, and Nov. 1, 2017, for Central/Northeast/health plan final candidates
- Nov. 6 and Nov. 7, 2017, for Southern/Western final candidates
- Nov. 2 and 3, 2017, for AtlantiCare final candidates
- Final decision/offers extended: Nov. 13, 2017
- Employment begins: early July 2018