Leadership & mentoring
- The central market concentration is sponsored by Tom Sokola, Chief Administrative Officer, Geisinger Central Region, and Lissa Bryan-Smith, Chief Administrative Officer, Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital.
- The northeastern market concentration is sponsored by Ron Beer, Chief Administrative Officer, Geisinger Northeast Region.
- The southern market concentration is sponsored by Kyle Snyder, Chief Administrative Officer, Geisinger Holy Spirit.
- The western market concentration is sponsored by Kirk Thomas, Chief Administrative Officer, Geisinger Lewistown Hospital.
- The Geisinger Health Plan concentration is sponsored by Lisa Golden, Chief Operating Officer, Geisinger Health Plan.
- The AtlantiCare concentration is sponsored by Deb Fox, Vice President of Strategic Planning and Partnership Integration at AtlantiCare.
In addition, three co-directors provide active oversight and strategic guidance for the fellowship:
- Tracey Wolfe, MHA, Vice President, Medicine
- Sue Fetterman BSN, MSN, MBA, Chief Administrative Officer, Geisinger Clinic
- Sam Balukoff, MHA, Administrative Director, Geisinger Shamokin Area Community Hospital and Central Hub Operations (former fellow)
All fellows are partnered with a primary preceptor acting as mentors and advisors throughout the year(s). The primary preceptor is an executive in either the medical group, one of the hospitals, or clinical enterprise. Fellows spend part of their time attending meetings with senior administrative leadership, as well as the sponsoring and primary preceptors. These meetings often involve senior level management from the medical center campuses, clinic management and executive leadership. Collectively, these activities will afford the fellow the opportunity to work with a large number of the hospital, clinic, and corporate staff and gain a strong understanding of challenges in delivering medical care in a rural setting.