There are three components to the application process:
- Establish an account with the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) at https://portal.dicas.org.
- Mail required items as listed below to Dietetic Internship, Geisinger Medical Center.
- Register and complete the required steps for computer matching with D & D Digital at www.dnddigital.com.
Deadline: Feb. 15, 2018, posted on-line no later than 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time
Follow the instructions carefully to complete the online application process which requires submission of the following:
- Application form
- Contact information, including email addresses, for the three individuals writing letters of reference
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Verification Statement of Intent to Complete Statement or Verification of Completion Statement completed by applicant's didactic program director
- Supplemental letter of intent (no more than two pages) to include:
- How the Geisinger Dietetic Internship will help you achieve your goals
- Why you should be selected for this internship
- Other information you believe would be helpful to the selection committee
- Personal statement limited to 1,000 words to include:
- Why you entered the dietetics profession
- Experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career
- Your short-term and long-term goals
- Your strengths and areas needing improvement
- Payment of $45 initial application fee and a $20 fee for each additional application submitted to DICAS
Geisinger Dietetic Internship
Deadline: Postmarked on or before Feb. 15, 2018
$60 non-refundable application fee payable to Geisinger Medical Center if applying to just one program concentration. Additional $20 non-refundable application fee if applying to second program concentration. Note: One check for a total of $80 can be sent if applying for both concentrations.
Please send $60 application fee to:
Geisinger Medical Center
Attention: Sharon Madalis
100 North Academy Avenue
Danville, PA 17822-1509
Note: Interviews are required. Based on the preliminary scoring of the applications in DICAS, the selection committee will choose the top applicants for interviewing. The interviews will be conducted the week of March 19. Format for the interviews are via SKYPE. If selected, we will be contacting you to schedule an interview.
If you have questions regarding the application process, email us at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at: 570-271-6468.
D & D Digital
Deadline: Feb. 15, 2018 - Posted on-line no later than 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time
Complete and submit the D & D computer matching form and payment of $55 to:
D & D Digital
P.O. Box 887
Ames, IA 50010
Geisinger dietetic internship selection procedure
Geisinger is an equal opportunity employer; acceptance into the program and future employment at Geisinger are not influenced by race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, handicap or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any classification protected by law in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Completed applications are reviewed by a selection committee and decisions for selection are based upon the following:
- Work experience
- Writing skills
- Academic performance
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership experience/ability
- Sense of direction
All successful applicants have had GPAs over 3.0 and grades of A or B in core nutrition/dietetic courses.
Lower GPAs can be compensated for with the following:
- Exceptional work experience
- Writing skill and leadership ability
- Applicants with GPAs below 2.75 and grades of C or below in core nutrition/dietetic courses are not likely to score highly in the selection process.
Students accepted into the program who need financial aid must pursue this assistance on their own. Opportunities exist for part-time employment in food services.