Frequently asked questions
Who is a candidate?
- BE/BC general surgeons with interest in acquiring advanced minimally invasive surgical skills.
- Graduate of LCME-accredited medical school; graduate of AOA-accredited osteopathic medical school or graduate of medical school outside of the United States or Canada who has received a current valid ECFMG certificate.
- Fellow must have completed an ACGME accredited general surgery residency.
- Fellow is required to maintain a valid unrestricted Pennsylvania license to practice medicine and meet the requirements for staff privileges at Geisinger Medical Center and all affiliated hospitals.
- Advanced fellowship training in surgical oncology or thoracic surgery is beneficial.
Where is the program located?
The hospitals utilized in the fellowship include Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pa.; Geisinger-Lewistown Hospital, Lewistown, Pa., and Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
How long is the fellowship?
What are some useful links related to the program