The following items are necessary for a complete application:
- Completed application form (attached photo is optional). Download application form (.pdf) or contact the fellowship office at the address at right
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which is from the program director of your completed residency training in pathology
- Board scores necessary for licensure (Flex, USMLE, National Board Medical Exam)
- ECFMG (for international medical graduates)
- Curriculum vitae and personal statement
All materials must be received before an application will be considered.
Prerequisites for candidacy for the cytopathology fellowship training program:
- Graduation from a fully accredited U.S. medical school or ECFMG certification for graduates of programs outside the United States. International medical graduates should verify that their visa status will permit the completion of their training
- Completion of an ACGME accredited residency training program in anatomic pathology or combined anatomic and clinical pathology
- Board eligibility or certification by the American Board of Pathology in anatomic or combined anatomic and clinical pathology
- License or eligibility for permanent and unrestricted license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
There is no deadline established. We are always interested in hearing from potential candidates. Although the bulk of applications are received approximately one year in advance of the actual start date, we find that plans may change over time. Therefore we do not close our application process. We will be glad to respond to your inquiries and retain your application on file in the event that a commitment to a candidate has been made.