Salary & benefits
General salary and benefit information for Geisinger residents and fellows; certain programs offer different salaries, check when applying.
- 2017 Sample Resident Agreement (.pdf). View the Geisinger residency agreement and associated policies.
- 2017 Benefit Summary (.pdf) For housestaff members.
- Five CME meeting days for R-2 and above
- 15 working days per year
- 10 CME days in year one of fellowship and 15 CME days during subsequent years.
- Expenses and time away for paper/poster presentations at national conferences, as approved by the GME office
Salaries 2017 - 2018
- R-1 $58,036
- R-2 $60,443
- R-3 $63,000
- R-4 $65,700
- R-5 $69,162
- R-6 $72,160
- R-7 $74,926
- $500 reimbursement for moving expenses
- R1 - $750 for books/journal subscriptions
- R2 and greater - $2,500 per year for books and CME
- Fellows - $3,000 per year for books and CME
- Five relocation days
- Health insurance (Geisinger Health Plan)
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Geisinger Health System is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.