First-year residents participate in “rookie call” for the first 12 months. The first-year resident is paired with a more senior resident one night per week and one to two weekend days per month.
- Call hours: The longest shift is 14 hours.
- Short-call hours: 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. weekdays
- Swing shift: 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. weekdays
- First-year weekend days: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Saturday or Sunday
- Weekday night float: 9 p.m. – 7 a.m. (five nights in a row)
- Saturday night float: 9 p.m. – 8 a.m.
- Sunday night float: 9 p.m. – 7 a.m.
- Weekend early shift: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Weekend late shift: noon – 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
IR call is from home for one to two weeks during a four-week rotation.
Radiology attendings are in-house every day from 7 a.m.– 10 p.m. Internal Nighthawks work from 10 p.m. – 7 a.m. every night.