Open application time is available year round. A completed application packet must be submitted for consideration into the school. The date of submission of a completed packet along with post admission requirements, pre-admission testing, and an interview, will determine your start date. The school starts classes once a year (each August). It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure their packet is complete and that they have met the pre-requisites.
Applicants will be reviewed for admission after the following forms (if applicable) have been received:
- Completed school of nursing application
- High school transcript (past or current)
- G.E.D. scores and/or diploma (if applicable)
- College and/or secondary education transcripts (past and current) (if applicable)
- Report from TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) (if applicable)
- Course transfer forms (if applicable)
- References - Three references are required. Suggestions are a teacher, guidance counselor, spiritual counselor or employer. Relatives and peers are not acceptable. These are to be submitted in an unopened envelope with the writer's signature across the seal.
- Pre-admission exam form
Applicants are responsible for obtaining and submitting official high school, post-secondary education, and college transcripts to the school of nursing. These must be in unopened envelopes with an official signature across the seal. Attendance at any other institution must be reported at the time of application. Failure to indicate at the time of application that the individual has taken courses at another institution will result in denial of credit transfer from that specific institution. Any other misrepresentation or material omission of fact in an application will result in the denial or revocation or admission.
If the above requirements are met, the student may be scheduled for an interview with faculty members to assess the applicant's motivation, personal qualities, academic potential and aptitude for the nursing profession.
If accepted for admission, you will receive a written offer of acceptance. To reserve a space in the upcoming class, you must acknowledge acceptance in writing and state your intent to enter the program. Admission fees must be paid at that time. These fees are non-refundable. Call the school, 717-242-7930, for more information or click on the links below.
Note the following change for GLHSON and read all the material included in the application packet: