Benefits, salary and employment highlights
Find employment information, salaries and other benefits you’ll receive as a Geisinger resident or fellow.
- Sample resident agreement
- House staff benefit summary
- MyBenefits guide
- Drug & alcohol policy
- Moonlighting policy
- Work hour policy
- Wellness policy
- Five CME meeting days for R2 and above
- 15 working days per year
- 10 CME days in year one of fellowship and 15 CME days during subsequent years
- Expenses and time away for paper/poster presentations at national conferences, as approved by the GME office
- PGY1 $60,955
- PGY2 $63,467
- PGY3 $65,523
- PGY4 $67,678
- PGY5 $70,543
- PGY6 $72,160
- PGY7 $74,926
- PGY8 $77,692
- $750 reimbursement for moving expenses
- R1 – $750 for books/journal subscriptions
- R2 and greater – $2,500 per year for books and CME
- Fellows – $3,000 per year for books and CME
- Five relocation days
- Health insurance (Geisinger Health Plan)
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Diversity, equity and inclusion
Geisinger is committed to cultivating a culture of diversity and inclusion. We recognize that our team is our most valuable asset and seek to promote an environment that is welcoming of persons of all races, ethnicities, religious beliefs, genders and sexual orientations. We celebrate your life experiences, personal differences, knowledge, innovation and talent and we work to create a welcoming and safe environment for all residents and fellows.
Geisinger is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
COVID-19 vaccine mandate
Effective Nov. 5, 2021, all Geisinger employees, medical staff, residents, fellows, trainees, students, volunteers and temporary staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An exemption process is available for those who have a documented and very specific medical reason or sincerely held religious belief that precludes them from receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. Be sure to schedule an appointment as soon as possible, from anywhere vaccines are available. Employee Health can assist — just call 570-214-9424.
How we’re combating COVID-19
Geisinger is committed to the safety and well-being of our learners, students, faculty, staff and communities. For the most up-to-date information, visit our COVID-19 resource page here.