The Geisinger Department of Gastroenterology accepts two or three fellows yearly into our three-year fellowship. We participate in the NRMP gastroenterology match. Visit the NRMP Match Website for information.
To qualify, you must be a graduate of an accredited medical school, have completed an accredited U.S. internal medicine residency program, be board-eligible in internal medicine per ABIM guidelines and be a permanent resident of the United States.
The program uses ERAS, the Electronic Residency Application Service. See the ERAS website for instructions. We don’t accept paper applications. You must submit the following information via ERAS to be considered for an interview:
- Application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
Applications must be complete by Sept. 1 and interviews are scheduled for October.
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
- American Gastroenterological Association (AGA)
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
- NRMP Fellowship Match for Gastroenterology
- Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)