Research time is appropriated every two weeks and additional time may be requested of the program director on an as needed basis. The following are required to complete the residency:
- The resident must present one lecture during resident’s noon conference.
- The resident must submit at least one research project to either a regional or national annual meeting.
- Up to $1,500 in funding for the trip is provided along with two travel days and presentation days.
- Educational funds (CME) may be used for additional trips or attending a meeting with meeting days.
- The resident must develop a QI project.
The resident takes an active role in interventional and radiology department and interdepartmental meetings. There are faculty/resident meetings once per month to provide discussion, ideas and projects.
Ten meeting days are provided. $3,000 in educational funds for books, journals, dues, etc. is also provided per year during the residency.