Find answers here to some of our most commonly asked questions.
How do I apply?
We accept all applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
What is the application timeline?
- Residency: ERAS® 2023 Residency Timeline | AAMC
- Fellowship: ERAS® 2023 Fellowship Application Timeline | AAMC
What documents do I need to apply?
- Residency: Documents for ERAS® Residency Applicants
- Fellowship: MyERAS® Documents for Fellowship Applicants
Are there additional requirements for international medical graduates?
- Graduation from medical school within the past 3 years
- U.S. experience (i.e., “observership”) is preferred but not required
- Geisinger Medical Center does not offer observerships
- Current ECFMG certification
- Geisinger Medical Center offers J-1 visas to qualified candidates
What is the interview process like?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all interviews this year will take place remotely via Zoom.
We hope you’ll join us on interview day to learn more about the Geisinger difference, our unique training environment, and the opportunities we have to offer.
- Interview invitations are extended to prospective applicants via the interview scheduler system.
- Interviews occur as per the timelines shown above.
- If selected for an interview, you’ll have the opportunity to learn about our program more in-depth. You’ll also interact with current residents or fellows, which is an integral part of the interview process.
Where are the training programs located?
The training programs are primarily based at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pa., with additional rotations at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., and Geisinger Community Medical Center in Scranton, Pa. A diverse faculty of 14 board-certified vascular surgeons staff these academic vascular surgery services at three tertiary care facilities. Additionally, we are supported by four state-of-the art hybrid operating rooms dedicated to vascular surgery and a fleet of helicopters that bring a wide range of complex vascular emergencies and trauma to our medical centers. See Case Log.
What is it like to live in Danville?
Located on the banks of the Susquehanna River near the scenic Appalachian Mountain range, Danville is a vibrant small town, offering year-round cultural events. Our community is safe, family-friendly, great for outdoor enthusiasts, and has an excellent low cost of living. We are also within a short drive to other major East Coast cities.
What’s the rotation schedule like?
See Curriculum for details, including sample Block Schedules.
What didactic sessions are offered?
See Didactics for details.
Where do Geisinger fellows go after graduation?
See Alumni for details.