Geisinger's Emergency Medicine Residency participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). As an applicant, you must enter the NRMP match program and submit a dean's letter, medical school transcript, national board scores and three letters of recommendation. Our website is comprehensive and includes information specific to the program.
Unfortunately, the competitive nature of emergency medicine prevents us from interviewing every qualified applicant. Each emergency medicine residency interview is granted by invitation only.
Danville is approximately two-and-a-half hours from Philadelphia, three hours from New York City and Baltimore, and four hours from Pittsburgh and Washington D.C. It’s only three miles from Exit 224 of Interstate 80. For those flying in, driving times from airports to Danville are as follows:
- Williamsport Airport – 50 minutes (occasionally closed due to weather in the winter)
- Wilkes-Barre-Scranton International Airport – 1.25 hours
- Harrisburg International Airport – 1.5 hours
- Philadelphia Airport – 2.5 hours
- Newark Airport – 2.5 hours
- Baltimore-Washington International – about 3.5 hours (often has the best fares)
- ACGME Program ID: 1104112043
- NRMP Program Code: 1608110C0
GME Program Administrator
100 N. Academy Ave.
Danville, PA 17822