Your curriculum is customized to your individual interests and career aspirations. Our program is part of an integrated healthcare system offering a vast variety of opportunities in both acute care and ambulatory care.
PGY1 core learning experiences
- Ambulatory care selective
- Critical care*
- Infectious diseases*
- Internal medicine*
- Pediatrics selective
Core and elective learning experiences are traditionally four weeks in length, with the exception of orientation, which is six weeks long.
PGY1 longitudinal learning experiences
- Advancing practice and improving patient care
- Leadership and management
- Major research project
- Self-assessment and professional performance improvement
PGY2 core learning experiences
- Acute Care Executive
- Acute Care Operations
- Ambulatory Care Executive
- Ambulatory Distribution Services Leadership
- Formulary & Procurement Management
- Health Plan Administration
- Medication Therapy Disease Management (MTDM) Leadership
- Operations and Compliance Management
- Pharmacy Cancer Services: Management & Operations
PGY2 longitudinal learning experiences
- HSPAL Quality, Safety and Performance Improvement
- Resident Research Project
- Self-assessment and Professional Performance Improvement
- Staffing and Manager On-Call
Core and elective learning experiences are traditionally four weeks in length.
HSPAL residents serve as the chief resident during the PGY2 year.