Salary, benefits & employment information
General salary, benefit and employment information for Geisinger residents and fellows; certain programs offer different salaries, check when applying. Documents in PDF format:
- Sample Resident Agreement
- Housestaff Benefit Summary
- MyBenefits guide
- Drug & Alcohol Policy
- Moonlighting Policy
- Work Hours Policy
- Wellness Policy
- PGY2-4 receive three weeks of vacation each year in the form of three one-week blocks or one two-week block and one one-week block. In addition, one week off during the holiday block is given.
- PGY2-4 are granted four wellness days on July 1 each academic year. Requests to use these days must follow the vacation policy. If not used, these days will expire each academic year on June 30.
- Five conference days per year (PGY2-4). Extra time away for paper/poster presentations at national conferences will be approved individually.
- Five relocation days to move for fellowship or for interviews.
- PGY1 $60,955
- PGY2 $63,467
- PGY3 $65,523
- PGY4 $67,678
- PGY5 $70,543
- PGY6 $72,160
- PGY7 $74,926
- PGY8 $77,692
CME funds and relocation days
- R1 - $750 for books/journal subscriptions
- R2 and greater - $2,500 per year for books and CME
- Fellows - $3,000 per year for books and CME
- Five relocation days
- Health insurance (Geisinger Health Plan)
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Geisinger Health System is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.