The Geisinger Clinic Northeast PGY1 Pharmacy Residency participates in the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Resident Matching Program as well as the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS). To be considered, submit the following materials via PhORCAS:
- Letter of intent outlining career objectives
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic (school of pharmacy) transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited school of pharmacy or successful completion of Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC) certification
- Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice pharmacy in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Successful completion of pre-employment requirements of Geisinger
- For residency applicants who will reside in the United States with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) visa during their residency year, the visa expiration must be longer than that of the residency program. Geisinger will not sponsor non-learner visas (e.g., H1B)
The application deadline is Jan. 1. Residency begins in mid-June and ends no later than June 30. Individual interviews are required and scheduled by invitation.
*As an ASHP Resident Matching Program site participant, this site agrees that no person at this site will solicit, accept or use any ranking-related information from any residency applicant.