Center for Learning Excellence
The Center for Learning Excellence (CLE) provides a host of academic support services to enhance the interpersonal and educational experiences of Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine students.
- Geisinger Commonwealth is in full compliance with the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. CLE staff coordinate reasonable accommodations for eligible students with documented disabilities.
- To obtain more information on accessibility services or to apply for accommodations, contact Sarah Triano, MS, NCC, LPC, associate director of the Center for Learning Excellence, at 570-558-4282 or email@example.com.
- Academic support and advising: Individual academic support is provided to MD students in the areas of time management, higher-level study skills, organization, study-guide construction, memory techniques and test taking strategies.
- Tutoring: Tutorial services are offered at no cost to students through small group and individual formats. Faculty is available to assist students with course content through office hours and online discussions.
- Workshops: CLE staff provide workshops to assist students with academic organization and study strategies to support their academic goals.
- Professional preparation/professional skill development: CLE staff provides workshops and individual consults to assist medical students with the development of professionalism skills and with application and preparation needs for Step 1 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).
- Preclinical peer mentoring program: CLE staff oversee the program that pairs incoming students with upper-class mentors. The program provides ongoing assistance & support, introduces students to Geisinger Commonwealth resources, and assists with identifying and implementing networking activities.