Center for Learning Excellence
The Center for Learning Excellence (CLE) provides a host of personal, academic and referral services to enhance the interpersonal and educational experiences of Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine students.
- Geisinger Commonwealth is in full compliance with the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. CLE staff coordinates reasonable accommodations for eligible students with documented disabilities.
- To obtain more information on accessibility services or to apply for accommodations, visit the portal or contact Tanya Morgan, assistant director of the CLE, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic support and advising: Individual academic support is provided to MD students in the areas of time management, higher-level study skills, organization, study-guide construction and self testing.
- Tutoring: Tutorial services are offered at no cost to students through small group and individual formats. Faculty is available to assist students with course content through office hours and online chats.
- Workshops: CLE staff provides workshops to assist students with academic organization and study strategies to support their academic goals.
- Professional preparation/professional skill development: CLE staff provides workshops and individual consults to assist medical students with application and preparation needs for Step 1 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).