Graduate Student Council
The Graduate Student Council (GSC) was formed in 2009 following the admission of Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBS) charter class and was established to advance the interests and well-being of the medical school and its current and future students.
GSC represents the united voice of graduate students and provides programs and activities which support the college’s mission and core values. The elected officers of GSC will work to strengthen existing bonds between students, faculty, staff and administration and to enrich the college’s educational excellence and student affairs programs.
MBS Graduate Student Council 2021-2022
- President: Poul Chinga
- Vice President: Janet Nguyen
- Treasurer: Mariam Sy
- Secretary: Taylor Bronson
- Social and Health/Wellness: Faika Ambrin and Gabrielle Verbeke-O’Boyle
- Service Engagement: Jennifer Szpernoga and Kristen Denniston
- Diversity and Inclusion: Mahshid (Ana) Karimi and Sarah Lopera
- Public Relations: Adline Sarpong and Danielle Fuller
- Library and IT Representative: Saishravan Shyamsundar