Traditions & Events
Students have several opportunities to connect with Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s community during their time at Geisinger Commonwealth.
Student affairs events
- Clubs & Organizations Fair – This event is a showcase of the variety of clubs/organizations available to enrolled students. This is an opportunity to display club events and talk with students who may be interested in joining a club while at Geisinger Commonwealth.
- Community Service Fair – This event is a showcase of local service agencies in the community. This is an opportunity for students to get an idea of where they might like to begin their community service hours.
- Residency Fair – An annual event that gives all Geisinger Commonwealth students an opportunity to explore a vast array of medical specialties and residency programs available throughout the northeastern part of the country.
- Riches of the Region – A Geisinger Commonwealth community event held annually to acquaint the incoming students to their new surroundings. Local vendors have an opportunity to come to Geisinger Commonwealth and showcase their specialties. We encourage all students, faculty and staff to frequent the community restaurants and businesses during their time at Geisinger Commonwealth.
Annual student-run community events
Medical Student Council (MSC) events
- Celebration of Remembrance – A Geisinger Commonwealth community celebration in honor of those individuals who helped to enhance medical education through the donation of their bodies. This event consists of readings and musical reflections prepared by students and faculty who gain knowledge from this ultimate gift. Donors’ families are invited to attend and see how their loved one has made such a positive impact on the Geisinger Commonwealth community.
- End of Year Picnic/Professor of the Year Celebration
- Find Your Specialty series
- Halloween event
- Holiday kickoff party
- Talent show
- Thanksgiving lunch