Dr. Jamie Green received her undergraduate degree from Duquesne University and her medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine. She completed her Internal Medicine Residency at the Massachusetts General Hospital and her Nephrology Fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh where she also obtained her Master of Science in Medical Education. She came to Geisinger in 2012 and is currently an Associate Physician in the Nephrology Department and Assistant Professor of Clinical Research in the Kidney Health Research Institute where her work focuses on patient engagement, health literacy, and shared decision making. She is the co-Principal Investigator of a PCORI funded project “PREPARE NOW” to examine the impact of patient-centered kidney transitions care on patient empowerment and well-being. She is Core Faculty for the Nephrology Fellowship, the Internal Medicine Residency Program, and the Geisinger Institute for Advanced Applications. She serves on the Patient Engagement/Learning Health Care Work Group and the Health Literacy Committee at Geisinger.
- Green JA and Cavanaugh KL. Understanding the Influence of Educational Attainment on Kidney Heath and Opportunities for Improved Care. Adv Chronic Kidney Dis. 2015 Jan;22(1):24-30.
- Jain D, Green JA. Health literacy in kidney disease: Review of the literature and implications for clinical practice. World J Nephrol. 2016 Mar 6;5(2):147-51.
- Green JA and Boulware LE. Patient Education and Support During CKD Transitions: When the Possible Becomes Probable. Adv Chronic Kidney Dis. 2016 Jul;23(4):231-9.
- Wolff JL, Darer JD, Berger A, Clarke D, Green JA, Stametz RA, Delbanco T, Walker J. Inviting patients and care partners to read doctors’ notes: OpenNotes and shared access to electronic medical records. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2017 April 1;24(e1):e166-e172.
- Wild MG, Wallston KA, Green JA, Beach LB, Umeukeje E, Wright Nunez JA, Ikizler A, Steed J, Cavanaugh KL. The Perceived Medical Condition Self-Management Scale can be applied to patients with chronic kidney disease. Kidney International. 2017 May 18. [Epub ahead of print]
EducationMD, Temple University School of Medicine, 2000-2005
Internal Medicine Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital, 2005-2008
Nephrology Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh, 2008-2011
MS, Medical Education, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 2009-2012