Professor in the Department of Biomedical and Translational Informatics and senior biostatistician in the Division of Medicine at Geisinger Medical Center, and direct the Biostatistics Core within Geisinger Health System. My responsibilities include support of research projects across several departments and mentoring of fellows and residents. My particular interests reside with understanding long-term outcomes of chronic kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and diabetes.
- Mandalakas AM, Kirchner HL, Walzl G, Gie RP, Schaaf HS, Cotton MF, Grewal HM, Hesseling AC. (2015 Jan 26). Optimizing the Detection of Recent Tuberculosis Infection in Children in a High TB-HIV Burden Setting. Am J Respir Crit Care Med , Epub ahead of print. Full Text
- Nichols GA, Schroeder EB, Karter AJ, Gregg EW, Desai J, Lawrence JM, O'Connor PJ, Xu S, Newton KM, Raebel MA, Pathak RD, Waitzfelder B, Segal J, Lafata JE, Butler MG, Kirchner HL, Thomas A, Steiner JF; SUPREME-DM Study Group. (2015, Jan). Trends in Diabetes Incidence Among 7 Million Insured Adults, 2006-2011: The SUPREME-DM Project. Am J Epidemiol. , 181(1):32-9. Full Text
- Smelser DT, Tromp G, Elmore JR, Kuivaniemi H, Franklin DP, Kirchner HL, Carey DJ. (2014, Dec). Population risk factor estimates for abdominal aortic aneurysm from electronic medical records: a case control study. BMC Cardiovasc Disord , 14:174. Full Text
- Newman ED, Lerch V, Billet J, Berger A, Kirchner HL. (2014, Nov). Improving the Quality of Care of Patients with Rheumatic Disease Using Patient-Centric Electronic Redesign Software. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) , Epub ahead of print. Full Text
- Perkins RM, Rahman A, Bucaloiu ID, Norfolk E, DiFilippo W, Hartle JE, Kirchner HL. (2013, Dec). Readmission after hospitalization for heart failure among patients with chronic kidney disease: a prediction model. Clin Nephrol , 80(6):433-40. Full Text