Evans is the Associate Vice President of Strategy and Innovation at Geisinger Health System and Co-Director of the Center for Pharmacy Innovation and Outcomes. He is responsible for overall strategy development, administrative oversight and leadership for Ambulatory Clinical Pharmacy Programs which includes all Medication Therapy Disease Management clinics in the Community Practice Service Line primary care clinics and hospital based specialty clinics across the health system, managing disease states such as anticoagulation, diabetes, hypertension, non-malignant chronic pain, hyperlipidemia, congestive heart failure, anemia and oral chemotherapies. He and his 61 ambulatory care team members’ success in pharmacist collaborative practice model of chronic disease management have Geisinger on the forefront of multidisciplinary patient care. His is focused on translational outcomes and healthcare redesign, including: Pharmacy Patient Care Models and System Process Redesign, Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes research, Medication safety, Pharmacogenomics, Health Information Technology and Adherence.
- Graham J, Sanchez RJ, Saseen J, Mallya UG, Panaccio MP, Evans MA. (2016). Clinical and economic consequences of statin intolerance in the United States: results from an integrated health system. Journal of Clinical Lipidology. [ePub ahead of print] Full Text
- Chang AR, Evans M, Yule C, Bohn L, Young A, Lewis M, Graboski E, Gerdy B, Ehmann W, Brady J, Lawrence L, Antunes N, Green J, Snyder S, Kirchner HL, Grams M, Perkins R. (2016, Nov). Using pharmacists to improve risk stratification and management of stage 3A chronic kidney disease: a feasibility study. BMC Nephrology, 17(168). Full Text
- Deitelzweig S, Evans M, Hillson E, Trocio J, Bruno A, Tan W, Lingohr-Smith M, Singh P, Lin J . (2016, Jan). Warfarin time in therapeutic range and its impact on healthcare resource utilization and costs among patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation. Curr Med Res Opin , 32(1), 87-94. Full Text
- Nordstrom BL, Evans MA, Murphy BR, Nutescu EA, Schein JR, Bookhart BK. (2015, March). Risk of recurrent venous thromboembolisum among deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism patients treated with warfarin . Curr Med Res Opin , 31(3), 439-447. Full Text
- Graham JH, Sanchez RJ, Saseen JJ, Mallya UG, Panaccio MP, Evans MA. Clinical and economic consequences of statin intolerance in the United States: results from an integrated health system. Journal of Clinical Lipidology , In press.
Registered Pharmacist, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, 1996