Amy Curry Sturm, MS, LGC
In addition, I am interested in the development, implementation and outcomes testing of novel genomic counseling service delivery models. Much of my previous research has focused on the development of a genomic counseling model for the delivery of actionable genomic testing information. My co-investigators and I have developed a Conceptual Practice Model of Genomic Counseling that we plan to test in different populations. This model was developed to be scaleable to large precision health cohorts, such as the MyCode Community Health Initiative.
- Sturm AC, Kline CF, Glynn P, et al. Use of Whole Exome Sequencing for the Identification of Ito-Based Arrhythmia Mechanism and Therapy. J Am Heart Assoc. 2015; 4(5)
- Musa H, Kline CF, Sturm AC, Murphy N, Adelman S, Wang C, Yan H, Johnson BL, Csepe TA, Kilic A, Higgins R, Janssen PM, Fedorov VV, Weiss R, Salazar C, Hund TJ, Pitt GS, Mohler PJ. SCN5A variant that blocks fibroblast growth factor homologous factor regulation causes human arrhythmia. PNAS. 2015 Oct 6; 112(40):12528-33.
- Onorato A and Sturm AC. Heterozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia. Cardiology Patient Page. Circulation. 2016; 133:e587-e589.
- Sturm AC. Cardiovascular cascade genetic testing: Exploring the role of direct contact and technology. Front Cardiovasc Med. 2016 3:11.
- Sweet K, Sturm AC, Schmidlen T, Hovick S, Peng J, Manickam M, Salikhova A, McElroy J, Scheinfeldt L, Tolad AE, Roberts JS, Christman M. EMR documentation of physician-patient communication following genomic counseling for actionable complex disease and pharmacogenomics results. Clin Genet. 2016 Jun 20. doi: 10.1111/cge.12820. [Epub ahead of print]
- Sweet K, Hovick S, Sturm AC, Schmidlen T, Gordon E, Bernhardt B, Wawak L, Wernke K, McElroy J, Scheinfeldt L, Toland AE, Roberts JS, Christman M. Counselees’ perspectives of genomic counseling following online receipt of multiple actionable complex disease and pharmacogenomics results: a qualitative research study. J Genet Counsel Published online 05 December 2016.
- Sweet K, Sturm AC, et al. Outcomes of a randomized controlled trial of genomic counseling for patients receiving personalized and actionable complex disease reports. J Genet Counsel Accepted for publication 2017.
1998, BS, Baldwin-Wallace College, Berea, OH
Biology, with minors in Chemistry and Psychology
2000, MS, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
2001, MS, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Human Genetics, with concentration in Genetic Counseling