Research InterestsMy research interests span a number of areas at the intersection of public health genetics and biomedical informatics, including applications that support translation of biological knowledge to clinical care and population healthcare, delivering health information and knowledge to the public, and developing knowledge-based approaches to use big data for population health. I completed pre-doctoral National Library of Medicine (NLM) biomedical informatics training and National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) genome sciences training fellowships at the University of Washington. I also completed a post-doctoral NLM informatics training fellowship at Columbia University.
Nationally, I am participating in electronic health record (EHR) implementation activities on NHGRI-funded grants including the Electronic Medical Records and Genomics (eMERGE) Network and the Clinical Genome Resource (ClinGen) grants as a subcontract investigator with the Geisinger, and as a co-investigator on the Implementing GeNomics In PracTice (IGNITE) grant at University of Maryland School of Medicine.
- Devine EB, Lee C, Overby CL, Abernethy N, McCune J, Smith JW, Tarczy-Hornoch P. . (2014, Jul). Usability Evaluation of Pharmacogenomics Clinical Decision Support Aids and Clinical Knowledge Resources in a Computerized Provider Order Entry System: A Mixed Methods Approach. . International Journal of Medical Informatics. , 2014; 83(7), 473-83. Full Text
- Overby CL, Hripcsak G, Shen Y. (2014, Jul). Estimating Heritability of Drug-Induced Liver Injury from Genome-wide Common Variants. Scientific Reports , 4, 5762. Full Text
- Overby CL, Pathak J, Gottesman O, Haerian K, Perotte A, Murphy S, Bruce K, Johnson S, Talwalker J, Shen Y, Ellis S, Kullo I, Chute C, Friedman C, Bottinger E, Hripcsak G, Weng C. . (2013, Dec). A Collaborative Approach to Develop an Electronic Health Record Phenotyping Algorithm for Drug-Induced Liver Injury. Journal of the American Informatics Association , 20(e2), e243-52. Full Text
- Overby CL*, Kohane I*, Williams MS, Kannry J, Starren JB, Bottinger E, Gottesman O, Denny JC, Weng C, Tarczy-Hornoch P, Hripcsak G . (2013, Oct). Opportunities for Genomic Clinical Decision Support Interventions. Genetics in Medicine , 15(10), 817-23. Full Text
- Overby CL, Devine EB, Tarczy-Hornoch P, Kalet I. . (2012, Sep). Deriving Rules and Assertions From Pharmacogenomic Knowledge Resources In Support of Patient Drug Exposure Predictions . J Am Med Inform Assoc , 19(5), 840-50. Full Text
EducationMB, Biotechnology (Bioinformatics track), University of Pennsylvani School of Arts and Sciences and Penn Engineering, 2006
PhD, Biomedical and Health Informatics, University of Washington School of Medicine, 2011