Research InterestsMy research interests involve the field of pulmonary vascular disease, particularly in relation to the pulmonary hypertension seen in those with critical illness, pulmonary embolism, and chronic lung disease.
- Murphy T, McAvay G, Allore H, Stamm J, Simonelli P. The Contributions of COPD, Asthma, and Ten Comorbid Conditions to Healthcare Utilization and Patient-Centered Outcomes Among U.S. Adults with Obstructive Airway Disease. International Journal of COPD. 2017; 12: 2515.
- Sangani R, Butler M, Kirchner H, Stamm J. Echocardiography-Defined Pulmonary Hypertension in Multiple Myeloma: Risk Factors and Impact on Outcomes. Southern Medical Journal 2016; 109: 282.
- Stamm JA, Long JL, Kirchner HL, Keshava K, Wood KE. (2014, Feb). Risk stratification in acute pulmonary embolism: frequency and impact on treatment decisions and outcomes. South Med J. , 107(2), 72-8. Full Text
- Stamm J.. (2012, Apr). Risk Stratification in Acute Pulmonary Embolism. Critical Care Clinics , 28(2), 301-321. Full Text
- Chandra D, Stamm JA, Taylor B, Ramon RM, Satterwhite L, Krishnan JA, Mannino D, Sciurba FC, Holguin F. (2012, Jan). Outcomes of Non-Invasive Ventilation for Acute Exacerbation of COPD in the United States, 1998-2008. Am J Respir Crit Care Med , 185(2), 152-159. Full Text
- Stamm JA,Belloli EA, Zhang Y, Bon J, Sciurba FC, Gladwin MT. (2011). Elevated N-Terminal Pro-Brain Natriuretic Peptide is Associated with Mortality in Tobacco Smokers Independent of Airflow Obstruction. PLoS ONE , 6 (11), e27416. Full Text
- Stamm JA, Risbano MG, Mathier MA. (2011, Apr). Overview of Current Therapeutic Approaches for Pulmonary Hypertension. Pulmonary Circulation , 1(2), 138-159.
EducationMS, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1995-1997
MD, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, 1997-2001
Internal Medicine Residency, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, TX, 2001-2004
Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 2008-2011