Research InterestsI am interested in contributing to work that ensures that genetics and genomics are implemented in health care such that all people may benefit and receive high quality services. Thus I am involved in ClinGen and collaborative efforts to obtain meaningful datasets to improve clinical genetic testing and our understanding of genetic diseases. I am interested in improving the understanding of genetic and other etiologies related to neurodevelopmental disorders and exploring the impact of genetic diagnosis on patient management and experience. I am also contributing to the development of bioinformatic and variant assessment pipelines to enhance the incorporation of genomic data into clinical and research endeavors.
- Goodenberger M.L., Thomas B.C., Wain K.E.. (2015, Feb). The Utilization of Counseling Skills by the Laboratory Genetic Counselor. J Genet Couns , 24(1), 6-17.
- Wain K.E., Ellingson M.S., McDonald J., Gammon A., Roberts M., Pichurin P., Winship I., Riegert-Johnson D., Weitzel J.N., Lindor N.M. (2014, Aug). Appreciating the broad clinical features of SMAD4 mutation carriers: a multi-center chart review. Genet Med , 16(8), 588-593.
- Riggs E.R., Wain K.E., Riethmaier D., Packard B.S., Faucett A.W., Hoppman N., Thorland E.C., Patel V.C., Miller D.T. . (2014, Feb). Chromosomal Microarray Impacts Clinical Management. Clin Genet , 85(2), 147-153.
- Zetzsche L.H., Kotzer K.E., Wain K.E.. (2014, June). Looking Back and Moving Forward: An Historical Perspective from Laboratory Genetic Counselors. J Genet Couns , 23(3), 363-370.
- Riggs E.R., Wain K.E., Riethmaier D., Savage M., Smith-Packard B., Kaminsky E.B., Rehm H.L., Martin C.L., Ledbetter D.H., Faucett W.A.. (2013, June). Towards a universal clinical genomics database: the 2012 international standards for cytogenomic arrays consortium meeting. Hum Mutat , 34(6), 915-909.
MS, University of Michigan, 2005-2007