Benjamin Andrick, PharmD, BCOP
Research InterestsBenjamin Andrick, PharmD, BCOP is an assistant professor, clinical research within the Center for Pharmacy Innovation and Outcomes and a clinical pharmacist with Hematology/Oncology. Originally from Lancaster, PA, he completed his Doctor of Pharmacy degree at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA. Subsequently, he completed his PGY1 and PGY2 oncology residency training at Augusta University Medical Center, in collaboration with the University of Georgia College of Pharmacy, in Augusta, GA. Benjamin Andrick, PharmD has a particular interest in hematological malignancies and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation as well as pharmacy education. Additionally, his clinical research interests include hematological malignancies/HCT supportive care, vaccines and the impact of the hem/onc pharmacist on clinical and pharmacoeconomic outcomes.
- Clemmons AB, Orr J, Andrick B, Gandhi A, Sportes C, DeRemer D. Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Phase III Trial of Fosaprepitant, Ondansetron, Dexamethasone (FOND) Versus FOND Plus Olanzapine (FOND-O) for the Prevention of Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting in Patients with Hematologic Malignancies Receiving Highly Emetogenic Chemotherapy and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Regimens: The FOND-O Trial.Biology of Blood and Bone Marrow Transplantation : official journal of the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation. 2018; pii: S1083-8791(18)30317-3. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed [journal]PMID: 29906570 Full Text
- Andrick B, Gandhi-Shah A. (2017, Aug). Olaratumab: A novel platelet derived growth factor receptor α inhibitor for advanced soft tissue sarcoma. Ann Pharmacother. [ePub ahead of print, DOI: 10.1177/1060028017723935]. Full text
- Andrick B, Alwhaibi A, DeRemer D, Qureshi S, Khan, R, Shenoy S, Bryan L, Pantin J. (2017, Jul). Lack of adequate pneumococcal vaccination response in chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients receiving ibrutinib. Br J Haematol. [ePub ahead of print, DOI: 10.1111/bjh.14855]. Full text
- Andrick B. (2017, Winter). Anti-Emesis Prophylaxis Updates in HCT. ASBMT Pharmacy Special Interest Group (SIG) Newsletter, Volume 5, Issue 1.
- Andrick B, Alwhaibi A, DeRemer D, Qureshi S, Khan, R, Shenoy S, Pantin J. (2016, Dec). Antibody Response to Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV13) in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Patients Receiving Ibrutinib. Blood, Online Suppl, 128:5597. Full text
- O’Donnell L, Meng W, Andrick B, Borello A. (2016, Nov). A bioinformatics practicum to develop student understanding of immunological rejection of protein drugs. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, 25;80(9):147. Full text
Doctor of Pharmacy, Duquesne University, 2015
PGY1 and PGY2 Oncology Pharmacy Residency, Augusta University Medical Center/University of Georgia College of Pharmacy, 2016, 2017
BPS Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist, 2018