Jing Hao, PhD, MD, MS, MPH
Dr. Hao’s research interests focus on economic evaluations of health services and programs which aim to improve patient outcomes through promoting personalized/precision healthcare. Specifically, in 3 sub-areas:
- Economic evaluation of genome sequencing and pharmacogenomics. Project examples include: MyCode return of results to patients and providers, Rational Integration of Clinical SEquencing (RISE), universal Lynch Syndrome screening, and HLA-B*1502 genotyping and carbamazepine induced side effects.
- Economic evaluation of risk-stratified disease prevention and treatment approach, e.g. cancer. Relevant projects include: new staging system of Squamous Cell Carcinomas of the Oropharynx, risk-prediction biomarker test which predicts progression risk of Barrett’s esophagus to esophageal adenocarcinoma, and new test which predicts risk of pre-eclampsia.
- Evaluation of clinical innovation programs focusing on medication adherence, healthcare utilization and costs.
The quantitative research methods she uses include decision analysis modeling and simulation, biostatistics and econometrics methods by utilizing electronic health records, claims data, both internal and national cost data sources and by systematic evidence synthesis.
- Jing Hao, James M. Pitcavage, J.B.Jones, Carl Hoegerl, Jove H. Graham. Measuring Adherence and Outcome in Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis in a Large Healthcare System. The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association. 2017 (In press)
- Chong HY, Mohamed Z, Tan LL, Wu DBC, Shabaruddin FH, Dahlui M, Apalasamy YD, Snyder S, Williams MS, Hao J, Cavallari LH, Chaiyakunapruk N. (2017) Is Universal HLA-B*15:02 Screening a Cost-Effective Option in an Ethnically-Diverse Population? A Case Study of Malaysia. Br J Dermatol. 2017 Mar 27. doi:10.1111/bjd.15498. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28346659.
- Maeng DD, Hao J, Bulger JB. Patterns of multiple Emergency Department visits: Do primary care physicians matter? Perm J. 2017;21. doi: 10.7812/TPP/16-063. Epub 2017 Mar 15. PubMed PMID: 28333606.
- Hao J, Snyder, SR, Pitcavage JM, Critchley-Thorne RJ. A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of a Cancer Risk Prediction Test for Patients with Barrett's Esophagus. Gastroenterology. 2016; 150:3: S260-S261.
EducationMD, Shanxi Medical University, 1999-2004
MS, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, 2004-2007
MPH, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2007-2009
PhD, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2009-2015