Joel C. Klena, MD, FAAOS
I have individual interests in Distal Radius Fractures, Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release, Endoscopic Cubital Tunnel Release, and the Education of Orthopaedic Residents.
- “The Use of Residual Collagenase for Single Digits with Multiple Joint Dupuytren’s Contractures.” Journal of Hand Surgery, Accepted for publication March 2017.
- "Anatomic Assessment of K-Wire Trajectory for Transverse Percutaneous Fixation of Small Finger Metacarpal Fractures: A Cadaveric Study." February 2017, HAND.
- "Levels of Evidence for Foot and Ankle Questions on the Orthopaedic In-Training Examination (OITE): 15-Year Trends," Journal of Surgical Education, Nov/Dec 2016, volume 73(6).
- “Predictors of Recurrence After Corticosteroid Injection for Trigger Digits.” September 2016, HAND.
- "Levels of Evidence Have Increased for Hand Questions on the Orthopaedic In-Training Examination," Journal of Surgical Education, May/Jun 2016, volume 73(3).
- “Analysis of Orthopaedic Resident Ability to Apply Levels of Evidence Criteria to Scientific Articles,” Journal of Surgical Education, March/April 2016, volume 73(2).
- “Incidence and Risk Factors for Extensor Pollicis Longus Rupture in Elastic Stable Intramedullary Nailing of Pediatric Forearm Shaft Fractures.” June 2015, Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics.
- “Levels of Evidence Have Increased for Musculoskeletal Trauma Questions on the Orthopaedic In-Training Examination,” March/April 2015, Journal of Surgical Education.
- “Orthopaedic Trauma in the Anabaptist Community: Epidemiology and Hospital Charges,” Journal of Agromedicine, April 2015, Volume 20, p 140-148.
- “Airborne Exposure of Methyl Methacrylate During Simulated Total Hip Arthroplasty and Fabrication of Antibiotic Beads.” Journal of Arthroplasty, March 2015.
EducationMD, SUNY Upstate Medical College, 1997-2001
Residency, Geisinger Medical Center, 2001–2006
Fellowship, Hand Surgery, SUNY Upstate University Hospital, 2007
Fellowship, Hand Surgery, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, 2007